Our team of Community Nurses support people with learning disabilities to stay healthy.
– We will work with you, your family and support staff to know more about your health needs.
– We can help people in other services understand how to support you better.
– We offer training to carers in health related areas – for example: epilepsy, health action planning and end of life care.
– We can help you to understand about your health and to be involved in decisions about your care and support.
– We can help to find the right support and services to meet your health needs, now and in the future.
– We collect information about your health needs (assessments).
– We develop plans about your health care to keep you safe – for example: epilepsy or medication.
– We can support you to access health services for example: Doctors (GP), Dentists, Opticians or Hospitals.
Yearly Health Checks.
Regular screening to make sure you are healthy.
– We will work with you to develop a health action plan.
– We can provide advice about what to do if you feel unwell.