The Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities (CTPLD) helps people with learning disabilities to have full and meaningful lives.
Within the resources available we will:
Support people to have equal rights and responsibilities in society.
– Good Healthcare.
– Good Education
Help to ensure that people are safe from harm and have their basic care needs met.
– Advising others about people’s needs.
– Dealing with Safeguarding Adults matters.
Help people to speak up for themselves and have more choice.
– More choice on where they live.
– Access to advocacy services.
– More choice and control over the services they receive.
Support people to be as independent as possible.
- – Providing easy read information.
– Help people to develop skills.
Enable people to be included and valued, and have the chance to play a full part in the community.
– Helping people to have paid work.
– Helping people to have friendships and leisure activities.
Promote working together.
Helping others to be better at supporting people, such as:
– Service providers.
– Local communities.