Paying For Your Home


Paying for Your Home

Paying for your homeThere are different ways that you can pay for your home.

You may be able to get some or all of your rent paid by the Government through housing benefit .




Different ways to pay - picture of man with benefits leaflets.If you are a homeowner getting certain income related benefits you might be able to get help towards interest payments on
– Your mortgage.
– Loans you have taken out for certain repairs.
– Improvements to your home.
This help is paid as part of your benefit and is called Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI).



Picture of someone filling in a financial application form.


You could apply for charity funding to help with setting up your home. 

You may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant  to pay for alterations to your home.




Direct PaymentYou may be eligible for money from North Somerset Council to pay towards your care and support. This money is called your personal budget. You can choose how you manage this money.  You may be able to hold this money yourself and use it to buy your own care and support, this is called a cash personal budget or direct payment.  The Council can keep your personal budget and buy care and support for you, this is called a managed personal budget.